YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!!
Ah, packages...what a wonderful thing! I could do several posts just talking about the insanity of the postal system here, but this one is dedicated to packages and all the wonderful people who have sent them. THANK YOU!!! I cannot tell you how fun it is to hear the doorbell ring and find the mailman there with a fun package from the US, like this most recent one I'm opening in the picture. So thank you to all you wonderful family and friends who have sent something (and this also includes letters, cards, etc--these are also quite fun!).
Typically, when we get mail here, the mail man drops it off in the afternoon. Sometimes, when we've been out, we'll return and find a slip say he stopped by and that we need to go to the post office to get our package. This is always an adventure, because, as I said before, the post office/postal system are deserving of a post (haha) of their own.
The thing that's frustrating about mail is that people like to open things and see what's in your package. Most of the things we get come resealed and some have been slightly damaged, but so far nothing has been stolen. I have friends who've had their granola bars opened, half-eaten, and stuck back in the package--crazy! Makes me really appreciate the US postal service. The funniest thing, however, happened last week. My roommate got a package from her mom that had all sorts of fun stuff in it, and, randomly, a glass paper weight. It was pretty beat up and we were really surprised that her mom and tried to send something so heavy and breakable. Well, it turns out that her mom didn't send it! When the package got opened at the post office, they must of had a mix up and put this random paperweight in with her stuff! Crazy...

3 shout outs!:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon after our service and eating out at our favorite nice restaurant (I'm stuffed), and I decided to catch up on your blog and do some commenting. I love packages, too. I should be getting one from my mom in the next week or so.

Anonymous said...

Aren't packages the best?? I just got a package today too!! Fun times!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Just wondering... was Alecia missing anything in her package? Maybe they used the paper weight (in place of items that were taken out) to make the box the same weight it was when shipped??? hmmm... that's our theory :)
ROCKON! You ROCK!
ANdrea